Sorry guys, no real updates this week. There was a lot of moaning last week about the lack of ‘new stuff’ in that update. So we’re looking at ways to bring you ‘new stuff’ faster. Getting the foundations for this is going to take longer than a week.
Hey guys. Your weekly patch here. One week late. Sorry about that. We did want to get it out last week but we don’t like running the risk of having something broken over the weekends. So we opted to wait a couple of days instead.
The biggest most obvious change in this update is the new sky. We’re still tweaking to get it looking how we want it to look.
A small Monday morning update for you guys, getting it out of the way in the hope of bigger things later on this week.
Just some minor changes we put up today :
Zombies Were Removed
Yep. We did it. We decided we couldn’t hold off any longer. The longer we keep zombies in – the more complaints we’d get about removing them. We are forcing ourselves to deal with it. We are no longer a zombie survival game! They’ve been replaced with red bears and wolves. You hate them. We know. They’re just plugging a gap for now. All will be revvvealed.
Wildlife Was Improved
The second one of these. Here’s what’s on our minds.
CheatingCheating is still a huge priority for us. Thousands of people have already been VAC banned. Even though VAC is doing a great job, a lot of people think it’s not responsive enough. What use is a hacker being banned in a week, when he’s on the server annoying you right now? We agree.
- You can now set a passcode on a door and share it with other people – Hold E to set the passcode
- Once they’ve entered the passcode they can open and close the door until you change it.
- This also works on gates.
- In addition, you can set a door to be unlocked so anyone can use it without a passcode.
* An attempt was made to fix ghost/desync
* Fall damage & suicide exploit fixed
* Reduced lag when entering areas with lots of objects in them (big structures)
* Rubber banding/network correction is a bit smarter
* Laser/Flashlight on bolt action rifle/revolver are now fixed and point forward
I don’t know whether we’ll get an update out this week. We’re going to Seattle to Steam Dev Days. Please don’t take that to mean that we’re rich now so we’re abandoning Rust in favor of jetsetting around the world. We’re doing it for you guys! In the meantime, here’s some stuff that is important to us – that we will be working on and thinking about.